National dish in the Philippine cuisine – Adobo
Adobo is a popular national dish in the Philippine cuisine. Almost all meats, poultry, seafood and vegetables can be cooked with this method.
Chicken Adobo Adobo is the most popular version and popular all over the world.
Pork Adobo is also very popular among Filipinos.
We prepare here a combination of Chicken and Pork Adobo to a serenade by Mozart.
And the result is a successful composition of the good and excellent Filipino taste
- 800g chicken
- 800g pork belly
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 2-3 cups of water
- 5 chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tomato, diced
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons whole peppercorns
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil or another vegetable oil
- Mix chicken and pork with soy sauce, white vinegar, bay leaves, pepper corns, garlic, oyster sauce, brown sugar and then marinate for at least 60 minutes.
- Cook the rest of garlic and the onion in a pan with hot oil for about 5 minutes until they are soft
- Add tomato to the garlic and the onions and mix.
- Add the pork in the pan and mix. Cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Add the chicken and mix. Cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until meat is tender and add more water if necessary.
- Serve the Pork and Chicken Adobo with rice.